CIGRE's Centennial Session WILL proceed in 2021.
- 20 – 25 August 2021.
- Whether its format is hybrid (in-person plus virtual) or an e-session only is dependent on French Government responses to the pandemic.
- It is hoped that French Government policy linked to the status of the pandemic in France and elsewhere will permit a hybrid Session to proceed. Should this prove not to be the case an exclusively online e-session will still proceed.
A decision about Session format will be announced timed with the French Government responses to the pandemic. Since we are not in control of the timing, we have developed a flexible approach to registration. We hope the decision will be forthcoming in April or May.
Registration options are flexible with value retained.
If the hybrid Session proceeds:
1. On-site, face-to-face (F2F) participation in Paris at the Palais des Congrès, or
2. Virtual, remote access participation via live video on demand (VOD).
Make your choice of participation mode known at time of registration. You can change this at any time until 31 July 2021.
If the hybrid Session is cancelled by the French Government:
3. Customise your registration to an e-session participation, or
4. Defer your registration to the 2022 Paris Session at no additional cost, or
5. Cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of € 240 per Delegate.
Online content will be comprehensive, interactive, and engaging.
- The 2020 e-session was, by necessity, rapidly improvised. Since then, new innovations with your feedback have been employed to significantly enhance 2021 online content delivery, whether this be in the form of virtual live participation (hybrid) or an exclusively e- session.
- The 2021 Centennial Session will use the same preferential subjects used at the 2020 e-session, but each will be explored in more depth and updated. Unique insights from the 2020 e-session will inform the special reporters, presenters, and community, enabling a unique, in-depth exploration of these salient issues.
- If only an e-session is deemed feasible, the hybrid Session programme will undergo refinements allowing customised delivery, including use of recorded sessions.
One price, regardless of participation mode.
- Prices to register for hybrid or e-session participation are the same. We intend that the quality, breadth, and depth of content will not differ among options. It is acknowledged that online participation does not offer the same networking opportunities as in-person delegates can enjoy, but online participation does not require the costs of travel or accommodation.
- An extensive look at comparable industry events, both in-person and virtual, reassure leadership that our Session pricing is appropriate, offering delegates good value. The 2020 e-session was extremely low – on average ten times less than other virtual conferences. Our global benchmarking has revealed that our registration fee is significantly lower than the average of other comparable conferences.
Covid-19 health and safety protocols apply.
In-person participants can be assured that extensive Covid-19 health and safety protocols will be in place at the Palais de Congrès. Since the onset of the pandemic this venue has built considerable experience in this area already and employs a robust, tried, and tested approach.